When Are Dental Veneers Used?
Dental veneers can assist in creating a straight, symmetrical, white smile and are an ideal solution for people wanting to improve the appearance of:
- teeth that are discoloured due to root canal treatment, stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or the presence of large resin fillings
- worn down teeth
- chipped or broken teeth
- misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth
- teeth with unsightly gaps between them.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers offer cosmetic benefits to people wanting to improve the appearance of their teeth:
- offer dynamic colour variation and translucency which mimics the appearance of tooth enamel to create a natural looking smile are made of bio-compatible material that gum tissue usually tolerates well
- require minimal tooth shaping during the fitting procedure, approximately half a mm of enamel from the front of the tooth is removed
- can be fitted during a painless procedure
- are stain resistant
- do not require a separate or special cleaning routine
- can last up to 15 years, depending on the type of veneer selected and how well the veneers are maintained
- are often less expensive than other dental solutions for improving the appearance of teeth, such as dental crowns and orthodontic braces.
Veneers are not a good choice for individuals who:
- Clench and grind their teeth
- Have unhealthy, weakened teeth
- Have an inadequate amount of existing enamel on the tooth surface
The initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability.